Sunday 19 May 2013

The Conductor

Evening! I hope you've all had a good weekend?! I went to the cinema yesterday with my Dad and Sam to see the latest Star Trek film - I loved it but then I am a bit of a trekkie (yes, I'm sad, I know!!) Today, I went and did a Home Check for a lovely couple who are wanting to adopt a dog - I've been doing homechecks as a volunteer for a few months now. Oh, and of course, I've been doing a bit of card making! It's been a beautiful day today - which is just as well cos I've got no heating and hot water at the moment. I think the thermostat on my central heating went a bit haywire yesterday morning because even though I'd turned it right down, it was like a green house in here. It was soooooo hot, it was ridiculous. I'm surprised we didn't have a police raid on suspicion of having a cannabis factory ha, ha!!! In the end, I rang the emergency number and they told me to switch the boiler off but true to form, I couldn't book an appointment til Monday morning so god only knows when it'll end up getting fixed. Anyway, enough about me! What have you been up to?
Here's a card I made to enter the latest Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge -



I've used an image from Tiddly Inks called 'The Conductor' (which seems like such a serious name for such a little cutie!!!!), I've coloured him and his train in with promarkers and spectrum noirs. The papers are My Mind's Eye and I've added a wooden train from Hobbycraft and a button from my stash. All the edges have been inked with Tea Dye distress ink. As soon as I saw this image, I knew exactly what papers I wanted to use! I had been planning to send this to my cousin's little boy who'll be 2 in a week or so but do you think the colours are a bit too 'old' for him??
I'm also going to enter my card into the following challenges:
 Well, I think that's it, I must go and make myself a cuppa! Bye for now.............xxx

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous looking boys card, I love the train stamp you have used and all the different layers which gives a different perspective. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Blog

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful sweetie, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! Great paper choice. I don't think the colors are too old...if I was mom, I would frame it! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and such a sweet looking conductor. Love it and thanks for playing along with the sketch this week at TSSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant card, love the image and fab layout. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too adorable! Love the dp. Thanks for joining TTCRD for this week's challenge. I hope you will join us again. ~DT Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this marie..really stunning image and your papers and design are fab :D
    I hope you`ve got your boiler fixed now hun.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling image and you colored him beautifully! I really like that sweet little wooden train detail too! So glad you were able to play along with us in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so cute... perfect for a boy. Hope your boiler gets sorted. I love the train on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this image and your coloring, layout and everything. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card - such a cute image and the little train you added is perfect.

    Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card.Great use of kraft card.Great layout - so cute.Thanks for joining in with us at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Fab layout and put together really well. Thanks for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...