Thursday 2 May 2013

Back from my Blogging Break xx

Morning Everyone. I hope I've still got some people visiting me. It's been a while since my last post (I'm beginning to sound like I'm in confession!) My aunt has been very ill for a long time with emphysema and heart failure and she was in hospital for a prelonged period of time - she sadly passed away on the 12th April and we've got the funeral next Tuesday. I've also been having a nightmare with Sam (my son) - he's 12 now and whether it's being a teenager or what, I just don't know but sometimes he stresses me out so much, it takes me ages to chill out once he's gone to bed!! Anyone else got teenage sons like this? Any advice!!?? So basically - to cut a long story short, I've had so much going on and whereas crafting in the past has been a refuge, this time around I just couldn't get my head into it, so I was sitting down to make a card and just shuffling papers for an hour!! But - my mojo seems to have made a return in recent days which I hope is a sign that things are getting back to normal.
For my first card of my return, I've followed Sketch no. 68 from Papertake Weekly's 'Sketchie Free for All' - and here's my card:
I've used a Time for Tea image (swiftly becoming one of my faves!) coloured with promarkers and spectrum noirs and some older My Mind's Eye papers and I've added some lace and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts with a Craftwork Cards sentiment. Topped off with a little ladybird sticker from my stash!
I hope you like it and I hope I get around to visit you all soon - I'd love to know how you all are and if there's anyone out there still talking to me ;-) Bye for now...........xxx



5 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    This card is just so serene and gentle. I love the shiny wings and the flowers.
    I am sure your aunt is not suffering any more... may she rest in peace with her angels.
    Ummmmm teenage son - I guess they are going through hormonal changes themselves, and at a speed where their own bodies and minds find it hard to relate. It can be hard I know... Sometimes I surf the net and take comfort in the fact that there are many mums going through this. My daughter is 13 and sometimes she is so different from what she was.
    Take care and keep crafting...it is the answer to all kinds of stress. Lol.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back hun and so sorry to hear about your Aunt, sending hugs. Although Sam is not quite a teenager and I'm not sure what sort of issues you are having with him, it maybe just his age, boys can become problematic due to their hormones, etc and it could be just this, or it could be something happening at school, the friends he is hanging around with, etc. Email me and I'll be happy to help - my Son is now 18! Love your card, your mojo has definitely not disappeared, it's a gorgeous image and layout. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back Marie, missed you!
    Great card, your mojo is definitely back!
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Marie this is so fab!! Please can I add it to my FB & Flickr Galleries? I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt. I don't have any teenagers here only cats so I'm not great for the avice I'm afraid. I'm really glad your mojo is back though & you used it on one my images :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear about your aunt marie.
    i am still here hun and your card is gorgeous, i love the image and your colours are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...