Wednesday 16 November 2011

Champagne Fountain....

Morning! I know I said I'd be back yesterday with this card but I'd got ahead of myself and was getting everything done a day early LOL!! Today, there's a new challenge starting over at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges and this week, we want to see you mix and match your papers - so you need to use papers from different designers. Now, some people in blogland make this look easy - Pops for example, always makes the most amazing cards using bits and pieces of papers from different designers (well, she always makes the most amazing cards full stop!), but if you're anything like me, I tend to stick with one collection never mind one designer LOL!! But I gave it a go and here's my attempt:
Ingredients:
Image - Lili of the Valley coloured with Spectrum Noirs and Pearly pen on the champagne bucket and lots of glossy accents wherever there's glass or champagne!
Papers - Crate Paper 'Restoration' (Black and White & Calendar paper used for doily die cut), and WRS Milton and Co Christmas paper stack (Green paper).
Sentiment - Paper Cupcakes.
Dies - Magnolia Doohickey Doily die and Marianne Designs corner die.
Other - Gems from Papermania.

I did want to give this card a more masculine feel because out of all the images in the recent LOTV release, this was one of the ones I felt you could use for a man's card and I quite like how it turned out but I must be honest, I'm not happy with the colour I used for the champagne and when I use this image again, I'm definitely going to use a much lighter colour.
I'm also entering my card into the Pink Ink Sketch challenge as I've followed their sketch #10, LOTV Challenge #120 - Creature Comforts and Joyful Stamper's 'Anything Goes' challenge and that's it!
I've got no plans to go out today - other than to walk the dog, so hopefully I can crack on with some Christmas cards!! TTFN......................xxx

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the cute image which I totally agree can be used for either male or female. Your mix of papers looks fab, I found this challenge really hard too (like to have all my papers from the same pad lol!!!). Hope your feeling better than last week.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Marie, beautifully made and perfect for male or female, great colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Marie....and I'm loving your colours and mix of papers too hun...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Marie, love the image and colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Marie, great choice of masculine colours and a fab layout
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card marie.your papers and colours are gorgeous and i love the fab sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the most adorable stamp?! I love it too, great job on your card! Thank you for playing along with us in the LOTV challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful image and the design works perfectly for a guy! Great job

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Marie....I love the image, so cute. Gorgeous papers too.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet image and love the papers and colour combo.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...