Wednesday 17 November 2010

Southern Girls DT Card

Good Evening to those of you in the UK - and Good Morning to those of you in New Zealand which is where this challenge originates! Over at Southern Girls, the time has come around to my team again, and this fortnight's challenge is to make a card using your 'Favourite Colour', we also had some images to work with from our sponsor, 'Make it Crafty' - I hadn't heard of them before but they've got some fab images, including some great backgrounds that work together with other images (and the prices are v. reasonable!!) Definitely worth a look anyway. Here's my card:


I coloured the image with my prismacolour pencils and blended with sansodor and then I put the card together using papers, ribbon and chipboard shapes from DCWV Rock Star collection, the glitter flourishes, I got from QVC a while ago. It's quite hard for me to pick a favourite colour because I wouldn't say that I have any one favourite - with me, it depends on the mood I'm in - do you know what I mean? Anyway, yesterday I was in a pink and black mood!!
I followed the sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches #91, so I'll be entering my card over there and the November Digi day challenge is still running over at Stamp Something, so I'll join in with that one too!
I hope you like it! Please do pop over and have a look at the other cards/layouts that my fellow Southern Girls DT members have produced, they're really outdone themselves this time!! And most importantly, join in!! Right, that's all folks! Til next time.........x

10 comments:

  1. Great card Marie, I love the way it folds and opens to reveal a right little rock chick LOL. Looks fab in pink and black. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Marie!, great image and love your layout too.
    hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and take on this weeks sketch at ICS. Many thanks for joining us. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a fabulous card!! The image, colors and papers go so well together!
    To answer your question, the paper I used in today's card is from Kaiser Craft. Hope that helps.
    Hugs
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a rockin' card! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational Card Sketcehs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a glam and rich looking card... I love the way FABULOUS looks so shiny. Lovely image and I love the colours.

    May you always feel in the pink!!!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card marie.the rock chick image is fabulous and i love the card shape and stunning papers and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie this is gorgeous! Love the glittered swirls and the pink stripes in her hair! I know what you mean about fav colours...mine changes all the time! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, thank you so much for joining us at ICS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable. LOVE IT. Thanks for joining ICS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...