Tuesday 14 September 2010

Good Morning!! It's all very exciting as today is my first posting as a member of the Design Team for Going Grey with Scrap Creations and this week we have to use our favourite digital image. Now I can't really narrow it down to one cos there are so many gorgeous digi's out there but over the weekend Some Odd Girl had a digi day over on Paper Craft Planet that I took part in and as I hadn't had a chance to share the card that I'd made with you, then I thought I would use it for today's challenge!! (Some Odd Girl images come pretty high on my list of favourites anyhow!!) When I made this card, I also tried something that I've never done before, I cut some heart shapes out using my Slice and placed them onto my card, then I used some shimmer spritzers to create my masked/spritzed background - being as it was the first time I'd ever done it, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out!! I then mopped up the excess ink on my craft mat with a piece of copier paper then once it had dried, I again used my Slice to cut out different sized flower shapes then I got my son (who'd been watching me craft!) to screw them up then unfurl them and I layered them up with a brad - so I had a perfectly matching flower!! I'm also going to enter this card into the Chrisma Cardz Challenges # 36 which is 'Try Something New'!! Here's my card:


I hope you like it. I'd love to hear what you think and I'd love it if you'd play along with the challenge too! TTFN. Mwah!!

6 comments:

  1. That image is so fun! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfull card Marie! Really sweet!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image, the flower looks great and the hearts look so unusual... that was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card marie.fab image and i love the spritzed background :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot Woot - love this card Marie (well you know just how much I love it...*wink wink*) and well done of you first DT post for Going Grey with Scrap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie! What a fun card... love the blown hearts, and your big beautiful flower! Great job! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...