Monday 30 August 2010

Happy Monday everyone - or it should be for those of you in the UK cos instead of being at work today, it's bank holiday, so at least you're not at work, eh!? It's Magical Monday over at 'There's Magic in the Air' with Paper Cupcakes and today it was my turn to set the challenge - yay! (Can't wait to see what the other girls came up with!) We could use any image and I wanted the team to use no patterned papers so, you could stamp your own or use embossing, anything like that. As it was my turn, I wanted to do something special and I had an idea but wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out. As it is, I'm really pleased with it. And the way it's ended up, the image is totally the main focus which is what I wanted. I'd really love to know what you think of it! I'm also going to enter it into the following challenges:
  • Cute Card Thursday - challenge 127 'dieing for a punch', put away those punches - I've certainly not used any here!
  • Mami Doodles challenge 8 - Unusual Card Shape - I'd say mine was pretty unusual, wouldn't you!?
  • Quixotic Challenge # 38 - Shiny, Happy People
  • Creative Card Crew - Sparkle and Shine
    Now for both of these challenges, your card had to have a bit of bling and being as I've used Ranger 'Beadazzles' as a kinda cupcake topping and in the centre of the flowers, the card is quite 'blingy' IRL!
Right well, here it is - quite a few shots cos as always with an easel card, it's hard to get the right angle!








Ingredients: Image - Paper Cupcakes coloured with promarkers and beadazzles, Sentiment and other stamp used on base - Dawn Bibby Designs, Circle shaped card base - Anitas.  

16 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!! Love the card Marie!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Marie this is lovely - looks good enough to eat LOL - you should be really pleased with this - something different from your standard square easel card. Love it! Have a great Bank Holiday. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and card - love your "pattern" paper! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, this is fantastic.love the shape and t the cupcakes look scrummy.gorgeous colours too :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea for the cupcake pattern. Looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute project! I like the papers and the cupcake is adorable! Welcome to The Stamping Boutique DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just as cute as can be! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't think I've ever seen a shaped card like this Marie and I love it. So adorable!! Super job! "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is something special!! You did an excellent job on this easel card...love the different design. Hope you do well in your other challenges. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm yum, i wanna eat it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so clever Marie, fantatsic card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautiful and very yummy. :)
    Thank you for joining us at CCT this week. :)
    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marie, this is just soo lovely. I love how you used a shaped easel card as well, I do thinnk it really just highlights the image and your paper you made it just amazing and would make a lovely full sheet! It matches so perfectly the big image and your sentiment is just perfect.... I must say this card is "cute as a cupcake!" :O) You rocked your challenge! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...